PFA Scholarship Committee Establishes New Program
PITTSBURGH, Pa. – The Polish Falcons of America is pleased to announce the establishment of a new scholarship program for PFA Members. The program was presented by the PFA Scholarship Committee and approved by the National Board of Directors at the last meeting of the Board held on August 24. The new program is funded by a generous donation from the former Nest 92, Toledo, Ohio. Their request was that the program be given to non-traditional students. The eligibility requirements are as follows:
• Falcon Member a minimum of four years
• At least 25 years of age
• Must be enrolled at least part-time in an accredited college, university or technical school, pursuing a certificate or degree
• Grant is a one-time only award
• $500 amount
• Grant cannot be received at the same time as applying for Gorecki or if a former Gorecki recipient
• Funds will be issued upon completion of certificate program or one year of classes in the degree program with passing grades
• The deadline will be the beginning of May, so as not to confuse Members with our other programs
The committee would like to thank the Members of the former Nest 92 who donated the funds for the implementation of this program.
Donations to this program will be accepted in the future. The committee will format an application at the November meeting at the same time as the revisions of the Starzynski and Gorecki programs. The intention is that the program will be offered in 2014. Applications will be available in mid-December and additional information will be available online at http://polishfalcons.org/scholarship
Questions regarding the new scholarship program can be directed to Trish Del Busse, National Vice President, Polish Falcons of America, at 412-922-2244 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.