Applications for the Kosciuszko Foundation
Exchange Program For the 2019-2010
Academic Year Are Now OPEN!
Applications for the Kosciuszko Foundation Exchange Program to the U.S. for the 2019-2020 academic year are now OPEN!
Application Deadline: October 31, 2018
Every year the Kosciuszko Foundation awards a number of Fellowships/Grants to Poles for advanced study, research, and/or teaching at universities and other institutions of higher learning in the United States. The Foundation provides a cost-of-living stipend, which includes transatlantic travel, housing allowance, health and accident insurance coverage, and (when warranted) domestic travel. There are no restrictions to fields of study/research.
Fellowship awards generally range from $9,000 to $30,000 (for Teaching Fellowships) depending on award category and duration of stay. Most candidates can expect a stay of up 3 to 5 months.
- Only Polish citizens permanently residing in Poland are eligible.
- This program is NOT for Poles residing outside of Poland, or those residing temporarily outside of Poland, whether or not engaged in research/study.
- Dual citizens (the United States and Poland) as well as individuals holding the United States permanent residency status (green card) are not eligible. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- Applicants must hold an M.A. or M.S. degree prior to the commencement date of the award.
- Current academic affiliation is required in all cases and must be documented with a certificate from an institution of academic employment/study.
This Application process is for the academic year 2019-2020, which starts September 1st, 2019 and ends August 31st, 2020.
Please have recommendation letters forwarded via email to ExchangeToTheUS@thekf.org. Receipt of recommendation letters will be confirmed via email within the next few days.
December 2019 – the KF Committee will choose applicants for interviews in Warsaw. All chosen applicants will be informed and invited for their sessions accordingly.
February 2019 – the interviews in Warsaw will be organized by our KF Scholarship Committee.
By the end of March 2019 – the KF Committee will decides who receive grants, scholarships. All applicants will be informed about the results accordingly.
For more information go to https://www.thekf.org/kf/scholarships/exchange-us/